Internship at NIHON ICHIBAN (next term summer 2016)
We offer a high-quality, hands-on internship for anyone who is motivated to work in a traditional, authentic business environment and/or is looking into a business internship. The level of involvement will allow you to experience many different aspects of our business and offers you a unique chance of testing your intercultural competence in a Japanese team. The internship preferably lasts between 3 and 6 months.
As a fully integrated member of the NIHON ICHIBAN team, you will get real hands-on experience!
- Process international orders through various selling platforms
- Update selling platforms by adding new products and keep listings up-to-date
- Stock management; make sure good-selling products are on stock (purchase orders)
- CRM; respond to customer questions and complaints
- Update social network sites
- There are many exciting developments in the business on which the intern can contribute by means of a project. University requirements will be taken into account.
- Fluent English and conversational Japanese
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Twitter, Facebook and possibly Wordpress
- Intercultural communication skills and a lot of motivation!
- No remuneration can be offered, but we provide housing in Odawara
- Assistance on visa applications on request
Please send your CV and motivation to Nicolas Soergel email@example.com
Former Intern's Voice: Jalisha van Beek
|This 20-weeks internship has given me a lot!
After studying (Asian-oriented) business for three years, I finally got a comprehensive overview of how it all comes together in a real organization. I got to observe and work on sales, marketing, finance, management, procurement and was there during a renovative implementation of a new ERP system and the opening of a new shop. As an intern, I think it's pretty rare to be able to say there was never a boring day! The variety of tasks and level of responsibility make this a real "hands-on" internship.
Finally, what makes this internship unique, is the opportunity of working in a small, traditional Japanese company. A fully Japanese environment poses linguistic and cultural challenges, but is an absolutely invaluable experience."
Former Intern's Voice: Kai Tillmann
"During my 4 month Internship at Chinriu Honten, I feel like I learned a lot about the various aspects of e-commerce operations, including webshop management, processing of international orders and customer service, meaning I was involved in many different activities. As a result, I could not only apply the skills that I acquired during my study, but also learn new things on almost a daily basis, which is what an internship should be about.
While the start was a bit shaky - admittedly due to my lacking Japanese skills - I liked working within a traditional Japanese company where everybody was supportive and enthusiastic about working with me despite a few communicational barriers. Working hard on improving myself and putting forward looking feedback into action was a valuable experience. I definitely cherish my time at Chinriu Honten and can only recommend it to everybody who wants to have an interesting and engaging internship in Japan!"