|Time Until Shipping||1 day
|Contents||1 outer pot, 1 inner bowl, 1 lid
|Dimensions||Diameter 6.5cm, H12cm
|Capacity||125ml (inner bowl)
*NOTE* This listing is for the BANRAI NABE POT only. To make tofu, you need: "BANRAI soymilk, (or other brand with 11% soy solids), coagulant, konro stand "
Outer pot, lid: Heat resistant ceramic
Inner pot: Porcelain
Double layer steaming:
Steam cooking is a healthy food prepping method. The unique, innovative double layer structure of the BANRAI pot ensures healthy, yet great tasted food, with all its nutrients intact as they are not broken up or evaporated by any water. Unlike conventional steamers, the "BANRAI-Nabe" pot allows the natural convection of heat to travel evenly and throughout the pot. The steams travels from top to bottom, then down again, allowing the food to be steam-cooked from all sides, and finally the moisture runs down and is collected back in the outer pot - so only a small amount of water is required.
1. Pour water into the outer pot.
2. Chose the appropriate type of solid fuel. For a small pot, 10g solid fuel is the appropriate size. Please inquire for more details.
3. Do not open the lid while cooking. It may result in uneven tofu.
4. Avoid blowing or ventilating air around pot, as flame may become uncontrollable.
For Banrai Tofu :
･Pour a suitable amount of nigari (coagulant), and stir well for best result.
･Use Banrai soymilk (or alternative with 11% soy solids) only. Regular soymilk or soy drink may not curdle.
Care: Use mild detergent to wash the pot. Do not heat the pot when empty.
Do not touch burning solid fuel, or you may get burns.
Do not use the product on an unstable surface.
Do not let children use the product unattended.
Do not use the product in reach of small children. It may cause fire, burns or injuries.
Pour water into the outer pot (30~50cc) when cooking with the product. Pouring water more than or less than the indicated amount, or heating the product empty may cause burns and damage to the product.
Use a pot stand under the pot, or it will be heated extraordinary hot, and it may cause serious accidents.
Do not touch the product until solid fuel is used up.
Place the solid fuel an inch away from the bottom of the product to keep enough space between pot and flame.
Place the lid in the right position when cooking.
Do not use the product if fractured.
BANRAI Unsweetened 11% Soy Milk:
Made with 100% domestic Japanese soy beans. Contains 11% of soy solids, one of the highest available on the market. Has a shelf life of 365 days and due to its richness is suitable for a wide range of cooking. No additives or preservatives used, to maintain the freshness and natural flavor. Store at room temperature or cooled (1-10°). Do not freeze! Once the package is open, keep it refrigerated and use quickly.
Uses: Homemade Tofu, Hotpot, Soups, Deserts, Breads, Baked confections, Fishcakes, Drinks.
- Use the precise amount of Nigari coagulant, and stir well evenly and as soon as nigari is added.
- Use the right type of solid fuel. When using a stove, use low to medium heat.
- In the winter time, it is recommended to use hot water or more solid fuel.
- Once the tofu is made cover with a plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated. Eat it within 2 or 3 days.
- The BANRAI pot is microwavable, dishwasher-, toaster oven- and gas stove safe. The outer pot is made of a heat resistant ceramic. Avoid heating an empty pot. Do not place the inner (porcelain) pot directly on a gas stove.
- To make firmer tofu; add less soymilk to the same amount of nigari coagulant. Tofu is usually soft when it’s warm, but hardens slightly as it cools down.
- The higher the temperature of soymilk, the faster it curdles and the more unevenly it cooks. Chilled soymilk results in evenly smooth tofu. Stir soymilk as soon as you add Nigari coagulant; Coagulation will start after you add Nigari coagulant. Do not let it sit without stirring. If the surface bubbles, you can spray with water to remove the bubbles.