|Time Until Shipping||Made to Order
|Brand||Chushin Kobo Cast Iron Atelier
“Chushin kobo” is a studio incorporating traditional Japanese cast iron techniques, with modern everyday designs and tools. They create products in Japanese styles that can be used by cultures all over the world.
Casting iron pots are known for keeping tea warm for a long time. Furthermore, cast iron products may contribute to your immunity system and naturally enhance your iron intake. Proper care of your teapot will make it last for generations!
Instructions and cautions:
- Before use, fill with boiling water to rinse and warm your pot.
- Allow teapot to cool completely after each use before cleaning.
- IF using detergent, use a ph.-balanced one.
- Avoid contact with salt and oils, and always air dry the teapot after use to avoid rust*. (only replace the lid once the pot is dry)
- NO dishwasher.
- NO open fire/stove. Candle warmers are OK.
- A tea stand is recommended to protect your table top/counter.
- If you do not use the pot for a while, make sure it's kept completely dry to avoid rust*.
* In the unlikely event of rust, the pot can still be used. Rust from the teapot is non-toxic and perfectly safe. In fact, many tea connoisseurs actually prefer the taste of tea from a rusted iron teapot! If the rust bothers you, clean the rusted area with a soft brush, then fill the pot with used tea leaves and boiling water. Allow to sit for 20 minutes, discard and rinse.
Materials: Iron, Stainless Steel (tea strainer)
Weight: approx. 2100g
Starting at: $7.03