|Time Until Shipping||1 day
|Ingredients||soy beans, water
BANRAI Unsweetened 11% Soy Milk:
Made with 100% domestic Japanese soy beans. Contains 11% of soy solids, one of the highest available on the market. Has a shelf life of 365 days and due to its richness is suitable for a wide range of cooking. No additives or preservatives used, to maintain the freshness and natural flavor. Store at room temperature or cooled (1-10°). Do not freeze! Once the package is open, keep it refrigerated and use quickly.
Uses: Homemade Tofu, Hotpot, Soups, Deserts, Breads, Baked confections, Fishcakes, Drinks.
- Use the precise amount of Nigari coagulant, and stir well evenly and as soon as nigari is added.
- Use the right type of solid fuel. When using a stove, use low to medium heat.
- In the winter time, it is recommended to use hot water or more solid fuel.
- Once the tofu is made cover with a plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated. Eat it within 2 or 3 days.
- The BANRAI pot is microwavable, dishwasher-, toaster oven- and gas stove safe. The outer pot is made of a heat resistant ceramic. Avoid heating an empty pot. Do not place the inner (porcelain) pot directly on a gas stove.
- To make firmer tofu; add less soymilk to the same amount of nigari coagulant. Tofu is usually soft when it’s warm, but hardens slightly as it cools down.
- The higher the temperature of soymilk, the faster it curdles and the more unevenly it cooks. Chilled soymilk results in evenly smooth tofu. Stir soymilk as soon as you add Nigari coagulant; Coagulation will start after you add Nigari coagulant. Do not let it sit without stirring. If the surface bubbles, you can spray with water to remove the bubbles.
1. Pour water into the outer pot.
2. Chose the appropriate type of solid fuel. For a small pot, 10g solid fuel is the appropriate size. Please inquire for more details.
3. Do not open the lid while cooking. It may result in uneven tofu.
4. Avoid blowing or ventilating air around pot, as flame may become uncontrollable.
For Banrai Tofu :
･Pour a suitable amount of nigari (coagulant), and stir well for best result.
･Use Banrai soymilk (or alternative with 11% soy solids) only. Regular soymilk or soy drink may not curdle.