|Time Until Shipping||5 days
|Dimensions||S: H10 φ135 M: H10 φ208 L: H9 φ236
NOUSAKU began metal casting in Takaoka City, Toyama Prefecture in 1916. During their early years, they created Buddhist altar fittings, tea ceremony accessories, and flower vases, later adding tableware, home accessories, lampshades, and other decorative items to their lineup. The fine appearance of their wind-bells, tableware, etc. is due to their heritage of advanced casting and refined finishing techniques handed down over a 400-year period. With the aid of modern machinery, industrial technology and the cultivated wisdom of past masters, NOUSAKU achieves outstanding harmony in its use of innovative design and top quality materials, and offers excellent value for money.
These beautiful plates from Nousaku will allow you to beautifully present your food time and time again. Available in two different "patterns" - Grainy and Icy, the 100% tin plates do not only look amazing, but will also keep your food fresh and on the right temperature.
Known as the most expensive metal after gold and silver, tin is very malleable and flexible. Though having nearly the whiteness of silver, it does not rust easily nor will air tarnish it readily. It is significantly antibacterial, and also known as a material with low allergic reactivity and high heat conductivity. Cool the plates in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes to keep your deserts, salads or sushi fresh and chilly!
– Wash with a mild detergent using a soft sponge.
– Polish with a common metal polisher, tooth paste, or pasty baking soda to restore the shine.
– Avoid any abrasive materials, wire wool or brushes, as they may scratch the surface.
– Do not put over fire or use in microwaves, as the melting point is low.
– Refrain from storing in the refrigerator > 30 minutes or in the freezer to avoid deterioration of the material.
– Not suitable for use in dishwashing or drying machines.
– Excessive bending and changing shapes may lead to cracks and breakage of the item.
For items with gold leaf:
– Do not change the shape or leave an item in water, and be sure to dry it well after use, as gold leaf may flake off.
Small: H10 φ135
Medium: H10 φ208
Large: H9 φ236
NOUSAKU is an innovative maker of metal craft from Takaoka - the center of the Japanese casting industry. The company is famous for its wind bells, tableware and home decoration.
NOUSAKU products are displayed in the New York MOMA. They also are used by chefs of top restaurants, who particularly care about design and quality.