|Time Until Shipping
|chili peppers, salt, rice koji, yuzu (Japanese citrus peel)
Kanzuri is is a simple blend of togarashi chili peppers, salt, rice koji and yuzu (Japanese citrus peel). The spice is developed and produced in Niigata prefecture, Northern Japan. The perfect balance between flavors is not the only thing that makes Kanzuri special; due to its extreme temperatures in winter, back in the days, the people in Niigata found a way to keep their food fresh without having to travel or rely on trade with other prefectures: by covering it in the snow. This custom has grown to be a signature Niigata dish. For the Kanzuri spice-mix, created by a local family, initially for home-use, but over time grown to supply high quality restaurants all over the world, only the best local ingredients are used, and the product process can take up to 6 years!
This 400 gram edition will last you a long time. Being the most balanced and mild product in the the line-up, it is easily applied to any dish, adding a beautiful hint of Niigata's renowned well-rounded, spunky flavor.
- A topping on chicken, steak, (raw, fried or baked) tofu, or baked potatoes
- Blend with oil to make a dressing for salads, meat or tofu
- Blend with mayonnaise for a delicious spicy, creamy sauce with fried foods
- A unique base for pasta sauce or fried rice;
fry the kanzuri with oil and garlic and stir the rice/pasta in
- Add to soy sauce for an amazing sashimi, gyoza dumpling and spring rolls dip
- Add to a vegetable stir fry, hot pot, (miso) soup, noodles or curry for
an all-round kanzuri flavor experience